Saturday, November 6, 2010

I love you. I'm sorry. You need to understand this.

You know what God has really taught me this past week? I can't make everyone happy. I can't be "best friend" to everyone. I need to stop trying. Having a compassionate heart doesn't mean I need to beat myself up over not being "best friends" with someone. It just means I need to be there for them when they need it and pray for them. You would have thought I would have known this already, I've put myself through it enough times. But no, God chose today to make that really obvious to me.

So here it goes peeps. I love all my friends very much and I will always be around, but it's not fair, or right, to make me feel bad over something that will only emotionally kill me if I do.
And also some people really need to stop using "true friend" and "best friend" interchangeably. They are not the same thing. You can have a true friend who isn't your best friend. IE: Beks isn't my best friend, and I'm not hers, but we will totally call each other out if need be, and we are always there if the other needs us.
And for the record when someone says something out of love, and it hurts you, don't go saying "I guess they weren't a true friend after all" cause ONLY a true friend would have the guts to say it in the first place. Think on that awhile before posting on twitter, facebook, or texting all your other friends about how this person isn't a good friend. Maybe by saying stuff about them, not trying to understand their side, and only focusing on your pain and not theirs, YOU are the one NOT be a good or true friend. Ever think of that?

Back to my point. We're siblings in Christ. We get along great. Nothing has changed except I am NOT in pain anymore, but you are. Sucks to be in this position. I know I have the power to make you feel better, and believe me, I want to. But I can't take myself back there. It's not good for me emotionally, socically, or Spiritually. I'm not doing it. I'm sorry. I love you deeply. I will ALWAYS be around. I AM a true friend. I just can't be your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment